Introduction & Overview-MindVR collects personal information from the following sources:
- MindVR Website
- Communications with MindVR via telephone, email, social media, etc.
- MindVR Apps
The information MindVR collects are of two types; information which you personally provide, such as via a web form or personal communications (“User-Provided Data”) or which is automatically collected, such as information sent by your web browser or our application (“App Data”).
MindVR will use User-Provided Data only for the purpose for which you have provided it, as specified in the applicable web page, application screen, or other medium of communication. Example: If you contact MindVR via a link or form on any of our websites or distribution platforms, we will use the information provide to respond to your request.
Minors (people under the age of 18 in most states) must obtain the consent of their parent or guardian before providing any personal information.
App Data does not identify you as a user, nor is App Data associated or stored with your User Data (except when you specifically ask us to do something which requires that combination, such as for troubleshooting).
MindVR will use App Data for the purposes above and for other purposes relating to the business of the company, such as (but not limited to) understanding how users make use of our Experiences, evaluating and improving our technology, etc.
MindVR does not generally share any personal information and uses appropriate security and technology measures to protect your information.
MindVR collects and stores User-Provided Data only as that information is explicitly provided or approved by the user. Example: If you send MindVR an email, we collect the email address and content of that email. If you fill out a web form, we collect the information you provide on that form.
Except for purposes of billing, any payment information, such as credit card, billing, or similar information will be treated as User-Provided Data.
MindVR collects App Data from your web browser and from your use of our Experiences, which is likely to include some or all of the following: (1) The IP address, current status (including for example processor performance and temperature), technical characteristics of your device, your use of our Experiences (including performance data, your viewing direction and other user behavior) and software. These are examples of the information we may collect; we may collect additional information as our content, software, or analytics develop.
MindVR website use ‘cookies’, a mechanism through which our website is able to identify you when you return to our site. This allows us to provide a more personal experience, such as helping us provide content relevant to our prior use of our site.
We will use User-Provided Data for the purposes communicated as part of the web form, app screen or other communication with the user. Example: Responding to user requests and/or providing personalized content to the user. MindVR may use User-Provided Data for marketing purposes. You may opt out of such use by contacting MindVR. We will use App Data to understand our users’ interaction with MindVR Experiences and to improve our Experiences.
MindVR does not ordinarily share personal information with any other party. The following are exceptions where MindVR will share personal information: Where MindVR are required to do so by law, regulation, or when sharing is part of our response to a legal claim or action. Where MindVR believe, in good faith, that sharing is appropriate to protect the rights of others, such as, but not limited to, the rights of other companies, MindVR clients, third party intellectual property rights, etc. As to Billing Data, as may be reasonably required for MindVR to receive payment, such as sharing Billing Data with our bank or credit card processor. MindVR may use the services of third parties for the collection, storage, management, and analysis of personal information. If in the event MindVR uses the services of a third party, it will use reasonable efforts to assure that the third party substantially complies with this policy. If MindVR is acquired by or merges with another company or otherwise transfers part of its business, it is likely that the personal information held by MindVR will be combined with that of the other company.
Compliance with Law, Contact Details & Disputes-
- “Content” means the images (including moving and virtual reality images), audio, text, logos, watermarks, and/or any other files and creative output (in any form whatsoever, including any derivatives), other than software, owned and/or controlled by MindVR.
- “Distributor” means any business entity, which provides distribution of MindVR content and/or collects fees for such distribution (such as, but not limited to, Oculous VR, Sony, Youtube, Facebook, Samsung, Google, etc.) in accordance with an agreement with MindVR.
- “Experiences” means the virtual reality experience as created by MindVR, including all video, audio, and other elements, and implemented through user items. Experience includes MindVR content.
- “MindVR Content” means the Software and Content provided or made available to you, whether by MindVR or its Distributors.
- “IP” means all intellectual property rights of every type and nature, including copyrights, moral rights, or other intangible rights.
- “Software” means the computer code and/or software (in any form) which is used for the creation, delivery and/or exhibition of the Experiences, owned and/or controlled by MindVR
- “Use” means to install, use or to possess the MindVR Content on the user items.
- “User Items” means the hardware, software, and other items necessary for the viewing and use of the Experience.